Completed in 1801, this former mansion is one of the most historic in the nation. Built for Colonel John Tayloe III, it was briefly the site of the French Embassy during the War of 1812, as well as the temporary residence of President Madison, who signed the Treaty of Ghent in its central parlor.
Today, the building is used by the American Institute of Architects as a museum, but it has also made quite a name for itself as a center for paranormal activity, as far back as the mid-19th century. The central staircase is a major hotspot for the supernatural, as footsteps are often heard, along with the saddened voice of a woman. Doors have been locked only to suddenly be found standing wide open.
Lights turn on and off on their own, and footsteps – and even faint footprints! – have been reported throughout the building, and objects often move without human interference.
Need help? Visit our Support Group for help from our friendly Admins and members!
Visit The Temple